I've often wondered why so many professing Christians aren't experiencing the life changing, resurrection power of Christ through the Holy Spirit that resides in them. We have the the most awesome power in the universe as our ally, yet we seldom tap into it and experience it in our situations.
I was reminded of this after sharing with a guy I recently met and listening to him download about his financial situation. I asked him if he would try following the leading of the Holy Spirit with every decision he faced starting right now. I reminded him that his best effort led him to where he is now, so why not try something new? The look on his face and the way he described his church relationship with God led me to believe he was unaware of such an approach. As I shared about a time I heard the voice of God in my own situation, I couldn't help but notice the look on his face that all but said I was a little bit nuts!
I believe the reason so few Christians actually hear God's voice and experience His power in their lives is because of a half-hearted approach they take with Him. Many professing Christians base their relationship with Christ around church attendance and religious activities. One thing I learned in recovery that has helped me more than anything is that a half-hearted approach to God would get me nowhere. In order to experience Him, I needed an "all in" approach. I remember when my journey started, I piled all the sinful habits I was participating in at the time into one pile and laid it before God. I told him "if you are for real, then here I am." I quit escaping and began seeking Him with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength. I needed to find out for myself if He was real. That is when things began to change, and continue to do so today when I remain in that mode. He wrecked my world-the one I had created, and gave me a new life based on His truth and reality.
Go on, give it a try and see for yourself!
"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart".Jeremiah 29:13
No comments:
Post a Comment